Friday, November 19, 2010

a Ski Slope Free for all


Happy Friday!! I have the day to myself today. Well mostly anyway, I AM sitting here with the never ending laundry, but I think you get my point. I took time to play in today's Splitcoaststampers Friday free for all challenge. Our challenge was to make a thank you for those hostesses we will visiting during the holidays. I went ahead and made a gift bag for some lucky hostess that I will be seeing on a holiday visit. I have made this ensemble in the past, for various events like a bridal shower, and Mother's day, I just change up the DSP for the appropriate occasions. I started with a larger version of a box in a bag (tutorial in the resource section of Splitcoast). Then made some quick thank you cards, a little box to hold 3 tea bags, a nugget box, bookmark, and a beaded pen. Super cute right. It's a great little gift to have on hand for that extra special hostess in your life. Thanks for taking a peek. Directions for the bag are below -

You will need -
1 piece of card stock 8 1/2 x 7
2 pieces of card stock 1 1/2 x 10 1/2
2 pieces of coordinating DSP 6 x 10 1/2
Sticky Strip
Big shot
Top Note die
Coordinating ribbon, Buttons or Brads
scallop edge punch
Large Grommets

1. Start out by making your box, or base of your bag. Score the 8 1/2 x 7 piece at 1 1/2 inches on all sides. Cut up to your score line on each corner, then use sticky strip on the tabs to form your box, and keep it secure.
2. Take your 2 pieces of card stock 1 1/2 x 10 1/2 and punch your edges.
3. Cut out 2 Top Notes using your big shot, and score down the middle.
4. Now to assemble your bag. Take the (2) 6 x 10 1/2 pieces of DSP and apply sticky strip to 3 sides of one of the pieces, and just the bottom of the other. (make sure you apply your adhesive on the opposite side the paper that you want on the outside of your bag. ) Lay the DSP with the single strip of adhesive flat on your work surface, and remove the sticky strip backing.  Starting in the center, line up your box with the edge. Press firmly, and wrap the edges around the sides. Repeat with the remaining piece of DSP. Once your bag has sides, you just repeat these steps to adhere your decorative edge.
5. Take your 2 top note pieces and fold them in half. Adhere one side to the front of the bag. Using your cropadile place to large grommets on each side. Cut 2 pieces of 13 inch ribbon and thread through the grommets, and adhere the tab of ribbon to the inside of the bag. Fold down the other half of the top note die, and secure with more sticky strip.
6. Add your brads to the centers of the top note dies.
7. To close your bag, cut a piece of ribbon long enough to go under the brad in the back of the bag, across the top and under the brad or button in the front. Tie in a knot or bow.
8. Fill  bag, with your choice of gifts for your holiday hostesses. :)

5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

wow this is so pretty-what a great gift to give to a hostess- I wish I was on your list (lol)!!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the details with us. Its gorgeous!

Susan said...

Who wouldn't be delighted to receive this over the holidays, Heather. I love those papers, reminds me of ski lodge apparel .

Kim said...

Gorgeous! thanks for sharing

kaleilani said...

Love it

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...